Sunday, December 28, 2008

where to begin

I made peanut butter balls. They were scrumptious.


It is hard to eat a PB ball without front teeth, but well worth the effort.


We had a cool rainbow on the way up highway 5 through California's "Great Valley".


Grammy stocked up on nativity costumes and we had to do the program 4 times on Christmas eve so all the girls could wear the beautiful angel dress. Good memories were made and Uncle Ben was a very patient Joseph.




I loved watching the cousins play with their new dolls.It's hilarious watching the politics of Diana and Ally who are both very used to being IN CHARGE! Although, in this picture, it looks like Emily is laying down the law.


I spent a lot of time holding Nora between throw-up episodes.


Maverick and Isaac, bonding over food.


The incredibly beautiful beach at Santa Cruz (minus Nora, she was sleeping and still sick.)




Nora, sick in the car on the race home. Emily was sick too. Pretty much vomiting all day long.



We got home, bathed the vomit off of Emily and Nora and Ryan took them to the emergency room, both dehydrated and pretty sick little girls. Em got taken care of and was able to come home that night. Nora had to stay the night to get her blood sugar and hydration back up. Ryan stayed at the hospital and brought her home this afternoon. He is now upstairs with the same flu - rotten yuck!

Diana and I seem to be OK, so far, although, Diana has been a pretty big pill today (shocking, but true). Isaac has a low grade fever and is crabby, but that may just be teething (molars) or post trip grumpiness. Hopefully things will look a bit brighter tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jeanne and Nelson said...

Very precious.

Steph said...

Oh, how sad! I hope everyone is feeling better soon, and that you don't get it. The mom isn't allowed to get sick! I love that picture of you and Nora--you look so happy. Very cute.

erika said...

Geez! I hope you don't get sick!! Looks like a nice Christmas anyhow. And boy howdy do I love your peanut butter balls!

Loughmiller's said...

Your poor little family really got the flu bad. I hear it is going around. I am glad you had a great Christmas. The beaches look nice.

emily, etc, etc said...

throw up is no fun, especially when it means a trip to the hospital.