Thursday, October 28, 2010
from a wigwam
OK, how many of you learned from the Thomson books and remember "From a Wigwam"? The left hand pounds out c and g and the right hand plays a haunting "Indian" melody on top. I have vivid memories of it. It is the first piece in the book that really requires your hands to work separately. Emily was fine with it after a bit, but Diana still has the infant tendency to have her hands work in symmetry, so it has been a great challenge. For a while she played hands separately and then we moved on to Emily or me playing the right or left hand for her. She is now moving on to putting it all together! I am really proud of her because piano is really hard for her and she plows on with her goal of getting good enough to play the organ in church (her goal, not mine). I LOVE it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love my girls.
Oh, I remember it well. I'm sure I could even play it after all these years...and now it haunts me! Hhaha the word verification is: PIANO!
Post a Comment