Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Idaho

Idaho continues to deliver; it's been cool, we have had rain, sunshine, lots of playing and everyone is happy.

My big project this summer is helping Aunt Mel get ready for Frog and Toad. We have spent hours on choreography and boy, my brain and feet are RUSTY! For those of you not acquainted with the musical "A Year With Frog and Toad " , it is very fun with not only traditional musical theatre numbers but also ballroom and a lot of tap -  aughhhhhhhh! Melani is being very patient with me.

The worst was, after a day is hard dancing, Michael turned on Singing in the Rain and I wanted to just cry watching Gene Kelly and Donald O'Conner dance! Wowzer powzer those men could DANCE! Step after step after step, eek! I was a blow to my confidence, but we were back at it today and I am getting better. Our hope is we will be able to video tape the routines so the actors have a reference because when you are directing a show you can't teach and review over and over, so the kids have to work a lot at home. I hope they appreciate all our work! As it is, I don't have to go running, I get plenty of movement dancing for hours.

Monday the party really gets rolling as more cousins arrive! Hooray!

1 comment:

The Atomic Mom said...

We flew south for the winter.....

Cookies, cookies, eating cookies...

I'm the snail with mail, I'll deliver without fail!