I despise, deplore, and totally abhor scorpions!! The bug guy came on Monday because we found 2 when we came home from Idaho and we have found 2 since they came to spray (they said to call after 2 and so I did). Just this morning Nelson and I were coming in from the garage and there was one scurrying in the doorway of the laundry room to the hall and Nelson walked right over it!!!!! My heart is still racing. You can bet your boots I smashed it with one of Ryan's shoes and then flushed it down the toilet because, you've heard it before, I despise scorpions!
On a related note, in 8 years at our Stapley house we never saw a scorpion (they are super territorial - either you have them or you don't). I think we should charge extra rent for the lack of scorpions.
5 comments:
We've never had scorpions at mom and dad's house either, but it seems like everyone else we know does. I didn't know they were territorial. Can you get rid of them at all?
I found one in our garage a couple of months ago but none since thankfully.
Sorry- I've heard they are very territorial too- you're the 4th person in the Gilbert/Chandler area I've heard complain about scorpions. Good luck- I would worry about my kids stepping on them too- glad Nelson was okay!
I didn't see a scoripon for nearly 10 years in AZ until moving into this house, and we definitely have them. Don't worry, you'll get better at killing them without your heart beating out of your chest. I just killed two this week with hardly batting an eye. You're smart for flushing down the toilet bc they like to play dead.
Ewww!!! Scorpions and kids = terrified mom. Hope you don't see anymore!
Post a Comment