Wednesday, October 16, 2013

bits and pieces

First off, Hello from Nelson who is now a BIG 2 years old - oh yea!

He got great 2 year old presents (several things with wheels) and enjoyed his pile of cookies in place of a cake.


October break ended today. All in all it was good, although not as planned. We went to the park almost every day, did some crafts, practiced piano and cello, made Halloween costumes (I can't wait to share), and watched some movies. The weather was divine so we have a lot to be grateful for even though the Grand Canyon was closed.

In other areas of life, I am tired to going to the grocery store a million times a week (since moving to the new house, I am just not as organized). I have decided to repent, so yesterday I made a menu all the way through November 3rd and today did the majority of the shopping for it. I'm feeling better about it and we will have a more diverse offering over the next three weeks and I'm hoping with that planning out of the way I can get a little more creative about fruits and veggies for we have slacked abominably lately.

Lest you think we are not enjoying some doctor's appointments. . .never fear. Emily had her annual ENT hearing exam yesterday (new doctor) and he ordered blood work and an MRI to see if there is anything structural causing the very strange hearing loss pattern she has. He also wants her to have a hearing aid and I am not feeling that one - grrrrrr.

Isaac was up about 11:40 last night with the second bout of croup this season. I am starting to wonder if perhaps it is asthma. I took a video of him this morning coughing and will continue to document and show the doctor in November when Isaac has his well visit.

Sarah and Nelson are having the first great naps of the post October break week, so life is grand.

1 comment:

The Atomic Mom said...

I'm curious to know how Issac coughs. Jeffy has been hacking and coughing a lot. He is sick again, and I am praying it does not go down into his lungs this time.