I've been doing a bit of sewing the last few days. It's odd how it goes in cycles. I will sew a TON and then not touch my machine for weeks or even months. Here is what I've been up to. #1 - make a dress modest for prom. One of my cute laurels was having a hard time finding a prom dress in her budget and so her fashion model, West Hollywood living sister sent her this number - problem! Thankfully it was 6 inches too long so there was enough fabric to add the insert at the rather low neckline. She will find shrug and hopefully be all appropriately covered - sheesh!
Diana's summer dress - I am in love with this, especially the belt from one of the outfits Grammy sent for Diana's b-day - it matched the green perfectly and is so cute!

Another green dress - this one is for Aunt Becky's daughter due in July. As you can tell, the love affair with ruffles continues.
6 comments:
Seeing all your cute girl dresses makes me want to have a girl and do the same.
In regards to sewing...Mom never actually taught me to sew, I was too stubborn to listen, a sin for which I am deeply sorry. I bought a machine a few years ago and just decided to jump in the pool so to speak. I've sewed a few very easy things, so the dresses I found will be the first "hard" stuff to do. But like I said, I just cannot find a long enough dress/skirt for my liking and most of my Sunday attire is nearing 10 years and will not last much longer I fear. So...I will sew, or die trying!
I was sitting behind Diana on Sunday in primary coveting her dress! The style and material are so cute- I want one for me. The baby dress is SOO darling too! I haven't sewed any dresses for Charlotte yet- she's been given way more than she needs! I guess when that stops happening I'll get to try out dresses again!
You are so talented! Sewing anything complicated seems to require more patience than I have. I love that baby dress--the ruffles and the print, especially!
teach me your ways!
Rosie-
OK WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am having a love affair with that last dress for Aunt Becky's baby. You should seriously sell those! Get on etsy and sell them, you would make a killing. I would buy one for each of my girls!
Post a Comment