Thursday, May 20, 2010

sparkles

Last Sunday the girls were digging through my earrings when Emily re-discovered my drippy rhinestone concert choir earrings - that clinched it - she wanted earrings. We called her friend Sage to invite her to jump on the band wagon but her Daddy isn't ready for that step yet in his daughter's life , so we went solo. Emmy chose the pink rhinestone studs and was an AMAZINGLY brave kid. Before we went, we had to review the Prophet's council on piercings (according to Emily that means, no earrings on your leg, belly, nose or anywhere else and only one in each ear) She promised she would follow it, even when she is big (good girl). Then I had to remind her that the concert choir earrings are only for shows and Halloween if you are dressing up like movie star. I anticipate some changes in Halloween orders.

Thinking of Concert Choir earrings trigger an interesting memory. There was a girl in choir who was VERY casual in her dress, usually sweats and a T-shirt. She was an English grad student, a great singer and had acted in the touring company of Les Miz, so not a slacker, just a very casual dresser. Occasionally she would add her HUGE choir earrings to her outfit just to be fun - I loved it!

2 comments:

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Sage: That's okay that I didn't get my ears pierced with you but I really wanted to. Have a nice time putting your earrings in.

Thanks for the invite, all the same.

emily, etc, etc said...

Emmy: You look beautiful!!!! Congratulations on this fun a big step.

PS I love your headband and want one just like it!