We said farewell to our trusty crock pot - the stoneware bowl finally cracked so much it leaked. It was sad, very sad and I'm already getting a different major kitchen appliance replacement for Christmas - a crock pot was not on my list. But, if you have a crock pot you love, pass on a recommendation.
In much happier news; we have made three batches of peanut butter balls. Only one more to go. I can only imagine how scrumptious they are since I don't eat chocolate while nursing (makes my babies spit up for days, not worth it. I actually ate one while nursing Sarah because they just looked and smelled so good, but the spit up was too much).
7 comments:
You are a woman of more willpower than me. They were sooo good.
I love crockpots! My advice--with a big family, get a big one--6 quart. I have 2 oval shaped 6 quarts--one programmable and one basic. Programmable sounds great in theory but really doesn't make any difference, really, so go for the cheaper basic. And avoid the white stoneware--shows the stains too much! I like the black one better for that reason.
Mine looks like the same basic Rival that you have, just in Stainless Steel. I think you can get them for about $20.
I have that same crockpot brand and size. Although, I wish I'd just stuck with the smaller one. If you remember, my old crock pot exploded this past summer and almost burned my house down. I have the stainless steel outer shell/casing, whatever....I"m not a big fan of the stainless steel, but that's all they had that day at Walmart. I think I paid about $30ish for it. It's worth it though, can't live without the crock pot, or pat-pat as James calls it.
I've had a couple mom's say that chocolate made their babies spit up a lot so I ate one of your yummy pb balls saturday night and haven't had any yet to see if Savannah spits up less. So far it's about the same. We love the Chase family singers at our door on Saturday.
those remind me of Mel. My babies could not do chocolate either. Even being pregnant, it makes me sick. Sad day!
The PB chocolate balls remind me of Mel too! Yummy!
I got a new Crockpost last year for Christmas, too. Mine is red and it makes me happy. It also has these handy latches on the lid that make it easy to run a batch of chili down to the church with out spills.
Post a Comment