I have 2 tips for camping with kids (so far)
#1 - Have a practice night in the tent in the backyard - invaluable - thanks Ryan. Our kids were totally un-phased by the tent when the "real" camp out happened.
#2 - On your day hikes hook each kid up with their own daypack. I went to the thrift store and found one hip pack, one cross pack, and one small backpack. Adding that to my old hip pack, each of the older kids had their own bag with snacks and Gatorade.In the past they have asked for a snack/drink every 2 minutes, but having their own was SO much better and they are getting used to carrying a small load in anticipation of a full pack.
bonus tip: If you think you want to be a camping family, just do it - there is no perfect time/stage/place to camp and one night will not kill anyone! I'm so grateful Ryan has started to push us out the door - HOORAY for memories!
Isaac had to try on ALL the day packs - at the same time - NUT!
1 comment:
Keep these tips coming!
Post a Comment