Monday, May 14, 2012

marching along

2 MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOOOOOOOOL! I'm ready (OK, I"m not ready, but I'm excited for the change).

Here's what we've been up to lately.

Isaac continues to be exhausted. The last 3 weeks he has been in two preschools; his normal speech preschool and Toro Tots the 3 week preschool at Mt. View High. It was too much, so we will know in the future not to double up. We did get some great news from Miss Lindsey his speech preschool teacher; she called last week to tell me Isaac is ready to be "kicked out" of special ed preschool! We are proud of him, learning to talk has been hard, and we are super grateful to Miss Lindsey, Miss Sue, Miss Denise and Miss Norma - they have been FANTASTIC.


Nelson is almost crawling - eek! It has been so fun to watch him grow.


We had a sad accident the other morning. Sarah was awake when I left on my walk so I decided to let Ryan have some quiet and loaded Sarah into the stroller. About 5 minutes into our walk a wheel snapped off and our stroller we have had for all six kids was officially DEAD. We threw away the stroller and the car seat we bought for Diana too (Nelson is way too long for it). I was a little sad; these pieces of equipment have been through it all with me, but it was time let them go. HOORAY for de-junking!


Sarah started swimming lessons. I wish I could say she is a rock star and never cries and will be doing the freestyle in 2 weeks, but she is as whiny as the other kids in her class and cries and fusses - oh well. We have played swimming lessons with her dolls all weekend and I'm hoping the roll playing will help this weeks lessons go smoother. I wish we could practice but they drained our pool 2 weeks ago to re-surface it and very little progress has been made. I really hope they finish it and re-fill it soon.


1 comment:

Kori said...

Way to use up your stroller and carseat. You are my inspiration.