We have a few new "things" hereabouts that make me smile.
#1 - Emily's drawers were BARE BARE BARE since she pretty much misses the had-me-down's, Diana being a slow grower. So she and I hit the clearance rack at Old Navy and found some very cute shirts and leggings. Emily kept gravitating toward the (in my opinion) hideous graphic t's of horses, but I told her we were only shopping clearance (thinking it would keep us safe from horses). Lo and behold she pulled this beauty from the rack! Yep, those are sparkles in the horses mane - she LOEVES it! I'm just grateful it was $3.
#2 - Keeping with the livestock theme, Isaac chose this fantastic cow watch from the treasure box at pre-school for finishing his reading chart.
#3 - Sarah and I found this too good to be true doll house at Epic and wow has it been fun! As a bonus, Isaac got to tighten ALL the screws - very manly.
#4 - Epic also supplied a headboard and footboard for Nora whose bed always looked ungrounded without something at the head and foot. She loves it.
#5 - Finally, meet Diana's cello! She is extremely excited. I told her it is not uncommon to name your instrument so she is thinking up names. I like Auburn. We'll see. My mom is going to lend us her cello too so Diana can "teach" me as she learns.
8 comments:
Nice score on the dollhouse and bed! Ever shopped Goodwill on 50% off day (every other Saturday). It's about the only place I buy our clothes anymore.
Carter started cello this year too. I tried to get him to stick with the free family violin we already have, but he was adamant and now I am renting a cello. Oh, well, it's a beautiful instrument.
YES! Love good deals.m i hear ya on the graphic tees and seem to have myself a horse shirt from clearance as well. Oh well. Noras bed is FANTASTIC!
What's Epic?
The doll house is fabulous as is the horse T shirt. Theyb are all LOVELY!
My girls also seem drawn to the ugly graphic tees. Hopefully good taste is something their aquire with age. As for the famous doll house, it's a good as my girls promised it is. What a find!
Love the horse tee! I think I remember steering Izzy away from that one as we school shopped. :)
I also have to comment from your other post that Sarah is growing up way too much!
Gotta love Old Navy Clearance. About half my clothes come from there and the other half from Goodwill.
So, right after I read this, I was reading the Daily Universe. Apparently graphic teeshirts with animals, specifically wolves, are very popular with the BYU set these days. I just had a chuckle is all. People like them here a lot too.
Post a Comment