Thursday, October 11, 2012

vein info

Just some more vein info for Joyce. I will wear compressions after each procedure for 2-5 days then no more. The purpose of the procedures is so I won't have to wear them forever.

I also wondered  how my legs would work with zapped veins. Since the veins are already damaged they aren't pumping blood back up to heart as it is. Veins have valves kind of like locks on the Panama canal - my valves are broken (don't meet in the middle) so blood just pools back down and other veins have been compensating all along so actually having the damaged ones gone will take stress off of the remaining veins since they can just do their job and not have to deal with the pooling blood from the damaged ones.

Hope that's all clear.

3 comments:

Rosie Boren said...

i hope the recovery goes great. my mom had tons of varicose veins removed! no fun.

The Atomic Mom said...

That's good you only have to wear the sox for a bit afterwards. I was going to say, those would probably be very hot in the AZ summer.

And I knew what very-close veins were, but I didn't know that it was that bad and what they did to the other veins. So win for your legs.

These kids ... I hope they appreciate it. :)

The Atomic Mom said...

Ok one more question: do you do this in the office or at the hospital as an outpatient?