Friday, January 4, 2013

a major find

We went the first 4-5 years of our marriage without a Christmas tree (pathetic, I know), then I bought a really pitiful 5 foot tree for $12.99 at Big Lots that served for several years, but, let's face it, it looked like it cost $12.99 at Big Lots. I could not get myself to spend $100-300 on a tree so I kept my eyes open at thrift stores etc until the heavens opened and this fell into my lap. Our wonderful neighbor across the street was selling it for $50 at our community garage sale. 9 ft. pre-lit, and she threw in the jumbo ornaments she had bought for it! Hip Hip Hooray! It is heavy, huge and filled up our Christmas corner beautifully (even if not a single one of my children, the 8 and 9 year olds included could keep their hands off).


3 comments:

erika said...

What a find indeed! You are lucky! Todd and I had no tree our first 4 Christmases, then I finally bought one for $80 after Christmas. Love those pre-lit trees!

Mellissa said...

Love it all! The finery, the tree, the gingerbread houses, the tie outside the vest and all the love! Just love you guys.

Kori said...

That is an awesome find! Ours was cheap after Christmas Target find but NOT pre-lit! I think it looked great.