Tuesday, December 10, 2013

grateful

It was such a crazy last few weeks. We did Thanksgiving with the whole Boren gang coming to AZ. We weathered a pretty nasty stomach bug. Last week alone we did 2 therapy appointments, an orthodontist, 3 sick appointments, 1well visit and 2 trips to the lab. We also sang 4 choir concerts. Sarah gets the special prize for going to all of the appointment although none were for her! She was so good all week and that in and of itself was a huge blessing. Here she is with the best of all cousins, Sage.



This week I am thankful for time at home. I've cleaned bathrooms, read to the kids (though still not enough), I've watched 2 movies and I even took a NAP today (unheard of!). Needless to say, it has been a really nice change of pace. Oh yea, and we are having one of my favorites for dinner, ham and bean soup from the Thanksgiving ham leftover bone! Life is good.

2 comments:

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

I love those "self-selected" outfits and I'm sad I'm not close enough to watch Sarah so she doesn't have to go to other people's appointments. Glad you're all feeling better and I hope you have stellar insurance to pay for all those doctor visits.

Emily said...

If anyone can survive that kind of storm it is you! Sarah is a trooper! And her hair is so long!