OK, so it doesn't feel like Fall, but it is September and I've posted all the Summer pics. Now what?
We are full into school. The kids are in week 8 and I'm counting the days until Fall Break. If the congress can keep the government open through October we are goign to go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (we tried last year...thanks a lot government for ruining our vacation). I'm really excited to get outside and be away for a while.
Choir has started - hooray for Christmas in September. Diana made the big leap into YOUTH CHORUS. It's for kids grade 6-8 and they are fantastic. I think Diana is the most excited to move out of the private school jumper look and into a full fledged choir dress!
We fired our piano teacher. She moved over the summer and was just too far away. After a bunch of research, thought and prayer I decided I would take on lessons. I was really scared because it's a big job and anytime a mom takes on extra teaching it can be very damaging to relationships. I am thrilled to report we are not only surviving, but thriving. The kids practice (most of the time) and our lessons go well. Best of all, they are progressing. We are hoping to move up a level by Thanksgiving . I think the best thing I have done is we start each lesson with a hug and a prayer. It totally changes the tone of the lesson and has really helped! I'm so grateful Heavenly Father cares about what I'm worried about and helps inspire me even with piano lessons.
Life is good! I am tired. I need to take pictures so I can blog. I'll work on that.
2 comments:
Good for you for teaching your kids piano! Love the idea of the hug and a prayer at the beginning. I could implement that idea in so many ways in my mothering. Thanks for the great idea!
Good idea about the prayer--I'll have to try that. Piano lessons worked fine with Ethan but we got too busy and quit too early, and it's working fine with Brielle for the most part, but Carter and I could not make it work between us and I gave up! Glad it's going well for you!
Post a Comment