In the spirit of "getting stuff done" I'm working on the space over my bed. Since we moved in I have had a pile of pictures and frames in our room and it it time to be DONE decorating walls. I found an inspiration picture I loved on the cousin Erika's Pinterest board and have been brooding about it ever since. Well folks, no more. Below is the prelinimary layout and after that the slightly altered layout on the wall.
Some of the frames lack art still, but choosing and placing frames is the hard part, art is easier (Dad is an artist after all and I have some fun pieces of his, plus some great photos etc). Hopefully I can get the actual frames up this weekend.
I also FINALLY changed the pulls on our dressers. I have NO IDEA where the whole spiky backed pulls came from but EVERY solid wood dresser in the second hand world have them. For Ryan's dresser I just removed the spiky back plate and left the pull (see the top right drawer). Mine wouldn't separate so I had to get some new pulls. They are just round ring pull plates, so very simple but not spily. I'm still debating painting or restaining the dressers, but not today.
Now if someone could please help me choose fabric to recover the loveseat at the end of my bed and find me a second piano for my room so I can have TWO kids practicing at once, not to mention I need to choose a paint color and paint...we will be donish. At least we are closer!
2 comments:
I love that you share my love of Pinterest! :)
Everything looks so great - I love how organized and energetic you are. Reminds me of my momma.
I hung pictures yesterday too. Although, I will say I just slapped them up on the walls. You are very organized with your paper outlines. Oh and paint, paint, paint....I think I'm going to find a contractor to paint for me.
Post a Comment