Monday, May 19, 2008

it has begun

High in Mesa today:107 degrees. After a pretty mild spring here in the valley, I guess summer is going to hit with a vengeance. Now, I know many of my dear friends and family would give their right hand (the frostbit one) for a little triple digit weather after the VERY long winter up north, so I will refrain from complaint. I will only say, the thought of 4 weeks in Sandpoint keeps me going as the mercury climbs.

5 comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

I know I have been needing a good thaw; but even 107 sounds like hell (pun intended). I like a nice 80 degree day.

Dianna M. Boren said...

That sounds like the beginning of a book... or short story or something.... I know you have TONS of time... you should write one! ;)

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I also love the summers in Sandpoint!! The good news is that it is suppose to cool off to almost 75 the next few days...crazy!

Loughmiller's said...

I found your blog from Dianna's. It has been hot here too. 105. Today it cooled down a lot. Your family is adorable. I am glad that you are doing well.
Take care
ERin

Jenny said...

Even though Frankie's still in long sleeves, and we're ready for a little summer heat, you can complain about 107. Man, that's hot.

Funny that even though it's been a cold spring here in Boston, the other day it was 75, and it felt too hot (meaning I think I perspired a tiny bit), and we were tempted to complain.