As the DeOren's say "We'd like to welcome ourselves back"!
Sometimes we just try to do too much too soon. Ryan and I had grand designs for the drive home. We wanted to do Yellowstone as a preview to sending part of a week there next Summer with Grammy and Grampy, we also wanted to take the kids to BYU campus and pump them full of creamery ice cream in hopes of further encouraging them to attend that fine institution when the time comes. After that we did a wild goose chase to fine Doug's apartment so he and Ryan could go climbing. Yes, yes, I know, some day we will crack and get a cell phone, but for the moment we had to rely on the kind ladies at a fabric store (the pay phone at 7-11 didn't work). Note: The Brittany where Joyce used to live is now Male housing - go figure. We finished that evening off at Jolene and Floyd's then drove to Beaver and crashed at a Super 8 after 11. The last day we squeezed in a scenic drive over the Cedar Break (I slept through most of the scenery) and a new way home from Flagstaff. Note #2 Burger King is evil and disgusting and I never need to eat there again. Despite the crazy intentions, we did have a good trek home and I'm really glad we got to see the Milletts and Doug and spend some time with the BYU ice cream - YUM-O-LA!
We came home to new tile in the bathrooms, kitchen and entry, and the most exciting -NO MORE COW PATH from the front door to the kitchen hall - ahhhhhhh!
Now Grammy and Gramoy are here for the Jones reunion in Virden in a few days. So look for the report from New Mexico in a few days.
2 comments:
What an andevnture!!!And even though I wasn't part of it at all, I felt I took a small part in it thanks to the DeOren's tribute...ahhh, the good old days. I miss them...we made an awfully good lip-sincing group.
I never lived at the Brittnay, I lived in the Nelson, or as we used to lovingly call it, the Nelslum...
And who came to NM and didn't call us? Was it your parents?
Post a Comment