Friday, August 1, 2008

pictures

Dear World,

Here is what we did on our summer vacation.

Playing what time is it Mr. Fox


Riding the chair lift at Schweitzer


An amazing view.


Sliding down the snow with Grandpa and Uncle Michael.


Grandma has lots of puppets and it's really fun to watch the kids interact with them. This is Oliver Crumbwell, a wonderful chef.


First (and maybe last) horse ride.


Katie and Nora are GREAT friends.


Off on adventures after dinner


This picture sums up the whole summer for me - fire hats, pirate swords, cousins, and FREEDOM!


Diana and her one true love - chocolate.


All the girl cousins


All the cousins


Nora and Katie sharing - I love those two.


More Katie and Nora


Katie, Nora, and Clara in the bath. The kids got so, so, so dirty! Now I put them in the bath here at home and wonder why I'm even bothering since there isn't any real dirt on them.



Capmfire. We started out promising the kids a real hike and campout and that dissolved into promises of a dayhike, and a sleepout in the backyard, which dissolved into a fire in the firepit and playing in sleeping bags on the lawn. It's a good thing the kids are young and don't mind when plans change and change and change.


Emily's birthday present, an umbrella.


Mayham and fun at the Milletts


Great Grandma and Grandpa Nelson at the Jones reunion in Virden


Old Virden Church



It's been a great summer full of wonderful memories. A big thanks to Dad for letting us go adventuring and for coming along when he could,

3 comments:

Rosie Boren said...

ah such cute pictures. we miss them so.

Loughmiller's said...

Looks like your summer vacations was a success. Your kids are adorable. It was fun seeing you.

emily, etc, etc said...

One question...Can I come next summer? That looks like such fun - I love the lazy days in Sandpoint.