Thursday, September 18, 2008

barricade

Isaac likes to climb UP the stairs.

Isaac does not know how to climb DOWN the stairs. It is dangerous and makes me nervous.

I bought a gate at Wal-Mart and broke it that same day, Ryan finished breaking it about a week later (we are quite a team).

I moved my food buckets in front of the stairs.

Isaac can move a 25 lb bucket of rice.







hahahahaha says Mom.

Of course, a few hours later, one of the girls had made an opening and up he went, and it's only a matter of time before he can climb the chair, over the buckets and up the stairs again. So, I moved the chair and with packing tape, taped all the buckets together and to the wall. As I was loading these pictures, he was screaming in rage at my brilliance. Ah, success. For now.

7 comments:

Liz Bowman said...

Everyone knows you're brilliant. That's where he gets his brilliance from too! Good luck with the barricade.

Mellissa said...

I hope your mom smarts prevail! Barrel barricade, genius!

Jeanne and Nelson said...

what a clever and handsome boy. Grandma loves him.

marie said...

If you are looking for a gate, you should check out a pet store. I know it is funny but they have really great gate that hook into the wall and have a swinging gate. So much easier to open and close. Good luck with the barricade.

Steph said...

You are hilarious. Good luck with that boy!

DAVID BOREN said...

Wow! Isaac has grown a ton. His older cousins had better watch out. We love you guys!

corey said...

Wow -- that is a genius baby! An engineer he shall be