the chocolate covered Chases- I just can't, sorry. However, in celebration of this
momentous milestone in blogging history, I will share the pictures I cleaned off
the camera yesterday with exciting, witty, and insightful comments, by me.
Nora's 80's inspired hair-do. Not really, she actually fell off something she should not have been on in the backyard while I was giving a voice lesson and split the back of her head. I super glued it and then she had to wear this scarf to keep the gauze on it. She is fine.

Isaac loves the washing machine, dishwasher, drawers, fridge, etc. . . . I have locks on everything, except the washing machine since I have to keep it open so it doesn't smell musty. Sometimes I feel like a really bad parent for not taking the time to truly teach Isaac not to open things (the whole "No" and then re-direct attention tactic), but he is just plain busy and locks help. I don't want a broken dishwasher from him climbing in it.

Emily's amazing Meg dance at pre-school. It wasn't as free and expressive as her practices, but whatever.

Maddix (yep - a cute little girl named Maddix, not my favorite name, oh well), Emily, and Isobel as the three little pigs.

Our zoo has a Little People themed play ground that the kids enjoyed.



One of our family goals this year was to actually use the sleeping bags received for Christmas (the Cinderella ones). So Dad and the girls had a great camp-out on the back lawn. The girls did great and LOVED the tent, the bags, etc. Ryan is enjoying having bigger kids. He bought a prism and they have had fun making rainbows. It's becoming a Saturday tradition for Dad and the kids to look at Dad's space books, and they are going to build and launch a model rocket soon (Emily is especially excited for that one). He has also started doing Diana's reading with her at night. He is a much better teacher than I am (so much for that education degree) and she loves the Daddy time. I love watching him enjoying his kids and them enjoying time together.

On a random note: It's 9:30 am and Diana just woke up. We have had a few busy days in a row and I guess she was tuckered and just really needed those 14 hours of sleep! WOW!
6 comments:
Marian,
Your kids are SO SO SO SO big! Oh my goodness. I was just looking at these pictures and realized that Diana and Emily aren't toddlers anymore! Even Nora is starting to look like a "big girl"! Oh my goodness! It really made me miss living in Arizona with your family... Hopefully I get to student teach down there so I can stop feeling like I'm missing out on their whole "growing up" experience!!!!! LOVE YA! MISS YOU LOTS!!!!!!!!!
Can I also just say that Diana is SUPER pretty... watch out for the boys!
I have a crush on your family! You guys have the most fun, I wish we were neighbors. I bet there is NO way I could convince you to move to Michigan, way to cold and far away. I will start "working" on Josh and mention Arizona a few times. We'll see what happens!
You truly are superwoman, Marian--supergluing your kid's head together! And I didn't know you gave voice lessons. Your kids are all so cute--Isaac looks like such a big boy now.
Nathan and Clara love sleeping bags and tents. Clara has a hard time actually sleeping in a tent. We need to have a sleepover this summer in grandma and grandpa's back yard. It would be way too much fun.
Ok, super-duper cute. But I need to warn you about your front loading washing machine because I am freak and get nervous and I think Isaac is too cute. I just read an article in the paper about a little girl who climbed in one just for fun (as kids might do) and her little brother, not knowing what we was doing, closed the door and pushed the big "ON" button - it locked the door and she ended up basically drowning - the mom found her only a couple minutes later, but it was too late. I have a front loader and that story scared me. So I put a door-knob cover locky thing on the door-knob to the laundry room because I too leave the washer door open to prevent the smell...
Anyway, I thought I ought to let you know because I am somewhat paranoide. Otherwise, the pictures are very cute and my kids would love the Little People themed play area...
Post a Comment