Monday, September 14, 2009

indisputable

It is a fact, universally acknowledged (thank you Jane Austin) that within 15 minutes (usually less) of my putting in the last load of laundry, someone will have an "accident". At least our lives have structure and predictability.

On the wedding front, Di and I spent a bit of time last night working on wedding hair. Poor Ryan did not understand our behaviour in the least and Matt (the fiance on the cell phone) was whining he did not get to see. The top of the head up-do looked terrible, the to the side low chignon was very pretty but not accommodating to the veil which Di wants, so it looks like we will be going with the low, loose, centered chignon with jewels on the top and the veil on the bottom.

On a side note, I would kill for Aunt Di's hair. I don't think I've played with it since she was 8 and I was in charge of braids every day at the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Her hair is amazing - fine texture but lots of it, silky, obedient, takes curl like a dream, etc. . . Although, I want to strangle the stylist who razor cut Di's layers - so hard to do boingy curls (ringlets) on razored edges - grrrrrrrr.


4 comments:

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Marian, the more I get to know you, the more I'm conviced you are a "accomplished woman," as Mr. Darcy would say. You've have all sorts of fabulous talents. I knew you could do a great braid crown but I didn't know that you also do wedding hair. You even know the technical term for "curls in a lump" as I've always called. It's beautiful, whatever you call it. How fun to play wedding planner for your little sister.

The Atomic Mom said...

Awww....I love razor cuts...I would love to have one. Good hair though....just make sure it will survive the temple...

Rosie Boren said...

i agree very accomplished.... do you teach classes on how to be a accomplished mother etc etc etc.

Erika said...

Di looks beautiful!