This Summer marks 22 years for my parents in Sandpoint and yet we still discover new places every year. This year Mel and Michael "discovered" Pack River. We have driven over the bridge a bazillion times and knew people jumped off and played at the river, but we never had, so we we did and it was fantastic. The sand was soft (not full of rocks like city beach) there was a section of slow shallow water and a section of faster deeper water and the water temp was divine. We made a whole afternoon of it (complete with treat as you will see).
Aunt Mel insists we have fun every day even when we are feeling lazy and would rather veg and stay home doing laundry.
Diana, Nora and Katie floating the current.
Nelson and I hung out on a tube anchored to a log and tried to keep Nelson from getting burned. I am excited for years to come when Nelson can walk and won't be so inclined to eat sand, rocks and sticks.
Aunt Mel also insists on treats - choc peanut butter rice crispy treats - they were a MESS but so very tasty.
More floating.
See you next Summer Pack River - stay sweet!
1 comment:
I have a lot of memories on an inner tube playing in the creek as a child, I love it!
Post a Comment