Tuesday, December 4, 2012

problem

Hey blogger people,

My blog has reached it's limit for photo storage and they tell me I need to buy more storage. Has this happened to you? What did you do?

love, Marian

7 comments:

Emily said...

My friends have said that has happened to them in the last couple of weeks. They said they either had to start a new one or pay $2.49. I think they are just trying to make everyone pay, because there is no way all of these people filled up their storage at the same time. I started paying $10/ a year almost 2 years ago for a HUGE amount of storage because I was full and I didn't want to risk losing all of that! (But other people have said this isn't an option anymore?)
Good luck.

Karen said...

I've never had that happen. But I resize the photos for blogging or emailing to about 20% and have them in a separate email folder. I mainly do it so if I send an email with 10 photos it doesn't clog someone's computer, but I'd bet that's helped me avoid the problem on blogger, too.

Niki said...

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I started paying the $2 a month for the extra storage. I'm not ready to delete past posts so I'll pay until I can get it made into books which probably means I'll be paying for a long time.

emily etc, etc said...

I have never heard of such a thing....good thing I am not a faithful blogger :)

Erin said...

This just happened to me recently! I wonder if Emily is right!

I signed up for the 2.49 a month account. I thought of starting a new blog- but Matt said you might have to start a new e-mail too because all of your google accounts are linked to the same picture storage. You could always switch to word press or another blog host site... I didn't want to go through the hassle. My sister had to do it a year or more ago- and she got the $10/year deal. She tried deleting years off her blog after she printed it into a book and it still told her it was full.

Mellissa said...

Happened to me a year ago and we did the $2.49 thing.

The Atomic Mom said...

It helps if you resize your pictures to a smaller file size.

You can try a free service like photobucket.

What I really think is Picasa/Google are just trying to make money. So they're saying you've reached your storage limit and then they make the price so small you won't mind paying it. Over millions of blogs -- an excellent bait and switch tactic that is very illegal, but very hard to prove.

I've had many friends have this happen in the last few weeks, so I really do think they are money grubbing.