Friday, March 8, 2013

brilliant

Getting in carpet gave me license to re-arrange, clean, de-junk, etc. We got rid of unnecessary furniture, several books, some toys, and other random stuff. Still we do not have enough shelf space for all our books. I bought this desk to function as a bedside table for me months ago, but did not so love it so I decided to try and make it work for the girls. Not only does it give them each 2 drawers for "stuff" it also functions as a bookshelf. I loaded it up with some of my favorite books for elementary readers . Although these books have been in pain sight for years, having them in the girls' room has inspired them to try some new titles.


Classics. The scriptures are really good too.


Have you read The Penderwicks????? You should!


How about Korman's Go Jump in the Pool?? Lloyd Alexander's Prydain series?


Emily has Number the Stars in her backpack, Diana has A Little Princess and I don't remember what Nora is trying.

I feel brilliant for getting them to try new books - hooray!


2 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

Let's see that carpet mama!

Stephanie said...

The Little House series is my favorite! Brielle and I are reading Farmer Boy right now.