Monday, May 13, 2013

emmy reading school

For Mommy Summer School I bought a book about teaching your child to read in 20 lessons for Isaac and we are trying to get into it. Emily decided to take over this morning before school and was doing a great job so I told her, "You are a good teacher." She said, "Yea." and Isaac said, "She is lots better than you and Dad." ??!?! Actually I wasn't too surprised, I am not a great teacher, so I'm glad Emily is - HA! It's not every 8 year old that can teach her little brother to read.


If you are wondering why there are boxes stacked up in the kitchen, it is because we are FINALLY moving! Hip hip hooray! Hopefully we will close at the end of next week (bank permitting). I am beyond excited and very, very grateful for the chance to have a little more room to spread out and be. Isaac and I pack up one set of things every day, We have done journals and photo books, games and puzzles, frames, and today we are attacking some books.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I've been hearing rumors about you moving! I'm so happy for you and so terribly sad for me. I've missed you at park day- I want to hear all the details!

Kori said...

Happy for you a to get a bigger house but sad our friends are moving!

The Atomic Mom said...

And just after you got your new carpet too. Oh wait, maybe that was for the next people to live there.

As for you not being a good teacher. Not true! I think we hit a point of diminishing marginal returns with our kids and we just have to let other people teach them or mentor them from time to time. I know it's like that with me and James.

So, you'll have to tell us about your new house, where, what schools etc. But do that in an email so the world won't know you busyness. :)

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Sounds like I should send Jane over for Miss Emily's class.