I have been thinking about some things lately adn wanted to document.
#1 - discipline - like self-discipline.
I think we would all agree that self discipline is something we all want our kids to develop (I know I do), but then I would catch myself slacking. bending, and generally being lazy. I find my shoes on the floor, I walk through the family (on the new carpet) on my way to the front door or up the stairs instead of taking the tile route like we have been asked. Since thinking about it, I have decided to be better. I go around, I take the extra 4 seconds to put my shoes away and I'm trying in more serious areas too - scriptures, keeping a moderate tone etc.
Not only do these things just help life be better, but I feel better about myself when I make good choices and have the self discipline to do things well, right, or thoroughly. Not perfect, never will be, but better and better is good.
#2 - time time time. This thought goes with discipline specifically in how I use those little bits of time during the day. For example when I'm warming up something in the microwave I can get a lot done. Seriously, I emptied almost the entire dishwasher in the time it took to warm up a burrito! 30 seconds can be a really good chunk of time. So I am on the lookout for important or annoying tasks that can be done in a short amount of time and then be out of the way and then practicing the discipline to do them instead for watching the microwave spin.
Those are all the thoughts I have today. I'm off to tape off the laundry room - the last place in need of PAINT - I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
No comments:
Post a Comment