Thursday, May 23, 2013

last days

Today is the last day of school and last day at MAcArthur (it's been a great school - minus one bummer of a teacher, but that's OK).

Our house is full of boxes in various stages  of fullness. The hardest thing is trying to pack it all up but still live. I had to open 3 boxes in the last 12 hours to find something at the last minute - arg! I'm convinced moving accross the country is, in some ways, a lot easier than moving 30 minutes away.

We ordered appliances this morning - hooray for washers/dryers/fridges. I am so grateful to live in this century!

I foolishly got into a book series and am trying to finish the last book while packing - very diatracting.

If you wan ta BIG, HEAVY, UGLY desk you can have mine,  I vowed I would not take it to the new house and I"m sticking with my resolution, I don't care if we don't have something for the computer, I will not have something I do not love in my house ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So there!

We signed papers on Tuesday and get the keys on Friday "sometime" so it should be a fun weekend. I had an inspiration last night; we do not have a pool fence yet (it takes 2-3 weeks) so I think I will put a large piece of furniture in front of the sliding glass door to barricade the backyard, I keep having seriously freaky dreams of Nelson dying in the pool - not fun dreams.

Wish us luck this weekend - eeeeeeek!

6 comments:

Kori said...

I'm with you Marian, I would worry about a pool with no fence. Furniture in front of the door sounds brilliant! Why do people even have a pool with no fence anyway?

Emily said...

Oh, I am horrified by your dreams. I have those dreams, all the time. And we obviously don't have a pool in our backyard. I hate them, I wake up with my heart like it is going to pound right out of my chest. And then I am awake all night like it was real. ICK! We are so sad you guys are leaving but at the same time so excited for your family. It will be an awesome adventure... with more space!

erika said...

What book series are you reading?

azandersens said...

Maybe you can barricade the sliding door with the big heavy desk?j/k SO, SO, SO happy for you! I'm a little jealous of you having a pool right now, but can't think of trying to keep two little ones out. Maybe in a few years . . .

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you--the house and commute sound wonderful--but what a loss for this side of town! We will miss meeting up at the park for playdates. :( But really very happy for you!

Erin said...

I want to know what the book series was as well please!