Tuesday, November 18, 2008

man child


Isaac is one. We didn't celebrate today because Ryan is gone, but we did sing and I reflected. It seems like Isaac has been with us so much longer than a year and I really, really, OK, realllllllllly love this boy. He makes me super happy and, as I told him today as I changed his diaper, I am so glad and grateful he came to us.

Life is sweet. Diana has her first loose tooth, Emily gave me the cutest little wave from the front row of Primary when I sneaked in for closing exercises, Nora tells me un-prompted that she loves me, and it always catches me off guard and melts my heart. Ryan rocks. He told me today he has been praying for me while he is away and I feel it and am grateful for the extra help and calmness I feel as we go through a dad-less week.

2 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

We like Issac too....he can come and sleep in the crib now if he wants!! :)

As for your girls, they are very sweet too. I loved how Nora kept coming up to me when you guye were here and telling me that I had a baby in my tummy, but she did not.

emily, etc, etc said...

Happy Birthday Isaac - your Mom is the BEST!!!!!