Wednesday, November 5, 2008

props, elections, and naps

Yipee CA and AZ. Well done passing prop 8 and prop 102, the marriage initiatives (I got my info from the secretary of state sites - hopefully accurate). I know our family in California has worked tirelessly to help educate their neighbors and co-workers in order to get prop 8 passed, and I know it was not always pleasant. Even in our own little Mormon ward here in AZ some people's 102 signs have suffered "harsh" treatment. Anyhow, I'm proud of you CA and AZ. As Mr. Banks says in Mary Poppins "Tradition, discipline and rules, must be the tools. Without them: disorder, chaos, anarchy, moral disintegration. In short, you have a ghastly mess! AMEN.

p.s. I'm glad the election is over, it was exhausting. I can only imagine how the candidates and staff feel. Indivisible, with liberty and NAPS for all, say I.

5 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

Ok, I nomintae you to start the Marian News Agency...I have not been able to find any news on these two things all morning...not even on the national stations.

Anyway, I'm glad they both passed too, I joined the internet petition drives for both and also said many, many prayers that they would pass.

And I totally second the naps part. I'm pooped. Good thing I bought my ice cream yesterday, my pity party is set to go!

marie said...

Naps for all, I second that idea. That phrase gave me a smile! Thanks for the update, I too was wondering if they passed. I know that every state sooner or later will have to vote on a measure like that. Yea for you AZ and CA people working so hard!

Loughmiller's said...

I know in our town, we worked almost everyday these last past weeks for prop 8. Our town was 75% yes for prop 8. We also live in a military town, so that helps. We were a little worried, but the people came through. We will probably have to do this in another 4 years. Thanks for the information, I couldn't find it anywhere on the news or the net.

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Well said,Marian. I'm also glad the election is over. But I've been taking naps all along.

J and A said...

I wish the election were over in Minnesota too . . . Franken and Coleman are still at it. Bleh.