O.K. girls, I need all your remedies for morning sickness. I have thrown up and turn my tummy inside-out dry heaved enough, thanks. You see, I do not believe in throwing up. Before I got pregnant with Diana I had not thrown up in 15 years or so, not even in Honduras, where it's like the law you must throw up on a regular basis. Diana and Emily each made me throw up 1 or 2 times, livable, Nora a little more, Isaac lots and this one, almost every DAY. I don't know how much more I can take! Help me you mommy-one-kanobies - you're my only hope.
10 comments:
From my limited experience:
1--Vitamin B6 tabs. 1 every 3-4 hrs.
2--Paypaya enzymes. Also 1 every 3-4 hrs.
You can find both of these at any heathfood store
3--Trader Joes Ginger Chew candies. They sell them by the check outs, in a green bag...very good!!
4--Joyce's ginger tea: 1T grated fresh ginger root, 1-2 slices of lemon, sugar to taste, 1 C HOT water. Let steep 2-3 mins, drink. You need to get yourself a steeping teaspoon if you do this. It's a spoon with a spring loader so it opens up like a venus fly trap. The spoon has holes in it for the water to flow thru. I got mine in the grocery store by the kitchen gadgets.
5--Proteins -- like cheese, or lean chicken.
7--Saltines
8--My NP told me as well to aviod liquids when I was feeling really sick. She said liguids make you throw up?? I don't know why, but it seemed to work for me.
Good luck...sorry you are feeling puky.
One Word - ZOFRAN
Call your dr. and get some - it is a miracle drug. None of the herbal remedies have ever worked for me.
I have to go to the hospital to get IV's when I am pregnant, because I get so sick. The only thing that takes the edge off is half of a unisom. (aka- sleeping pill.) Just take half at night and life will be a touch better. All my doctors have told me about it, and it is safe. I hope you get to feeling better. That is one reason why I am not prego today. I am so scared to go through morning and night sickness again.
Maybe this means you've got twins in there Marian!!!
Mate (for all you non-spanish speakers, it's not mate, it's pronouced ma-tae). It was the best thing for settling my stomach.
Ok, and I also forgot...ginger ale. Not that crappy Canada Dry stuff, but the GOOD, strong stuff like Hansens or Jamacian Ginger Ale. I used to drink a can a day.
Yes, I've also heard that Zofran is a miracle drug. I've had several friends have to go on it.
Morning sickness, yuck! My doctor would not prescribe medication for nausea unless you were completely incapacitated. I threw up 1-3 times a day with Nathan, and only a handful of times with Clara and baby boy. I can only think of two things I did differently:
1. I stopped taking my prenatal vitamins until I felt better around 18 weeks. (I just threw them up anyway.) Apparently the large amount of iron in them can upset your stomach. I sometimes took my children's chewable multivitamins. You can also get prenatal vitamins without iron in them.
2. I found that I felt worse when I let my stomach get too empty or full, or when my blood sugar was low. I kept a bag of ritz crackers and a bottle of fruit juice or sports drink with me and kept at least something in my stomach at all times, even when I wasn't feeling sick. I ate a little bit when I woke up feeling sick during the night and first thing in the morning too. I also had five or six smaller meals at regular intervals, rather than a regular-sized breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Good luck!
Sherrie wrote the comment above, not David. David wants me to clarify that he has never had a problem with morning sickness, other than having to live with a wife who stops making dinner and cleaning the bathrooms for two months. I have been using David's username and password because I keep putting off getting my own.
I am so sorry you are feeling so yuckie! I would try all of the above treatments and it they don't work talk to your doctor. I have a few friends that were able to take perscription meds that really helped the nausia. Good luck!
Here's a remedy that's sure to work. Drag yourself to the car and drop your kids off at my house for a 2-4 hour stretch of time. Then proceed back to your house and take a nap. Have Ryan pick up the kiddies when he gets home. I'm for real about this! I'm positive it will work. As for the remedies others suggested, I'm going to book mark this page for when I do round 4 with morning sickness.
Post a Comment