
Uncle Brian met us at the zoo the other day and treated the girls to the merry-go-round - wow! It was fabulous to see him.

Nora's beautifully decorated castle. She told me it was ready for Christmas.

Yep, that's right, swimming suits in March. They couldn't wait another day, and hey, if I had legs like that, I'd want to flaunt them too.

I am a bad/lazy mom when it comes to the whole nighttime thing. Both Isaac and Nora, well past age one, would wake up in the middle of the night wanting a "little something" - translation: baba, and in order to keep life quiet, I would comply. Well, NO MORE sister, the tyranny must end. So, last night Isaac cried for a good hour and a half around 2 am. I did change his diaper and gave him a drink of water, after which he cried for another good long stretch. He is definitely determined - ie stubborn. The poor girls were not well rested this morning. Nora wandered into our room in the middle of it all wanting snuggles, but mean mom tucked her right back into her own bed to listen to Isaac next door. Anyhow, we had to take Em to the lab this morning for a fasting blood draw and so loaded up pretty early. This peaceful sight is what greeted me in Isaac's room lest you think my cruelty had mal effects. And when I woke him up he was happy and pleased as punch with himself. If you think he was STARVING from lack of food in the night - he only ate a so so breakfast so I am hopeful he will get the hint that the midnight snacks are ended, cause this mom is TIRED. By the way, are not his camo jammies (care of Josh) very handsome?
5 comments:
Good for you Marian! I don't think you're a bad mom at all. With Spencer we had to let him cry it out to get him to sleep through the night.
Oh Mares, I am soooo proud of you! That is a big step, and an important one in my book. I cut off all bottles at one, and I found that Miss Grace didn't like this - I used to send her to bed with a sippy cup filled with water. I figure it is dry here and when I get up to go potty I always get a drink of water, so maybe in the night she'd want one too. She doesn't really need a sippy cup anymore, but it sure made for a nice transition. Good luck and may the force be with you. Love you...
Do you make the yummy rice and beans from Belize? Oh please, tell me how you make them! I am drooling.....
Love the decorated castle--so funny how differently girls and boys play with the same toys.
Good job on winning the nighttime battle! Those are the hardest. I used to put Carter to bed with a sippy of water every night--he was always a thirsty boy--and being able to find it himself in the night seemed to help.
Way to be strong. It only takes once or twice and then you'll all be sleeping soundly.
Post a Comment