Wednesday, March 18, 2009

why we need to move

It's spring break here and we have enjoyed less structure in our lives for a few days. However, I was HOT walking back from the mailbox today, and the kids were cranky and "making bad choices" with the paints they were playing with. I've heard AZ moms complain about summers here when their kids are home and I'm beginning to get the picture. Unless the kids are GREAT swimmers and in the pool in your backyard 24/7 and not getting bored there is simply nothing to do. It's hot outside (too hot for the park, zoo, etc, besides, both of those require mom supervision), and there is only so much to do inside (even my kids get tired of T.V.). I see the wisdom in my parents Idaho move where #1 it was pleasant outside, and #2 there was lots of work to do outside and inside, so the mornings were full or work and the afternoons full of fun. Anyhow, I'm not not feeling very loving towards the land of my nativity today (that would be AZ), for all it's virtues, I would still rather move.



sorry for whining.

5 comments:

marie said...

That is great news, in fact I have several wonderful houses in my neighborhood for sale. I also know of a ward that really needs you! ( You would only have three callings, but that is how your testimony grows!)You should really think about moving to Bethlehem. :)

Loughmiller's said...

AMEN! I live in the mojave desert, and I secound that. Oh, I wish I could move somewhere that had seasons. 115 degree summers is not what I like, and my kids hate it too.

emily, etc, etc said...

You can come here - as you know we love it!!!! And you might too...

vincents said...

Ya I never thought I would say this but Idaho is mighty nice! We love it here!!!

Dianna M. Boren said...

Well that sure makes me excited to be moving to Arizona in AUGUST! :/ YIKES!!!!! Actually I'm really excited... I'll just spend as much time as I can indoors or in the pool!!! :)