We also celebrated Ryan's birthday on Sunday and he thoroughly enjoyed his Strawberry pie.
On a side note, Ryan wanted to know the entomology of the word Easter and was pretty disgusted at what he found (some old English word harking back to some pagan goddess who used to have her celebration in April so when the Christians took over the name stuck). Ryan wants to call it "Resurrection Day". I personally like my friend Amy's idea of "Death of the Sting of Death Day". Don't you think it has a nice ring?
Whatever you call it, I am so grateful for my Savior and the atonement. I cannot imagine going through this life without the assurance of a resurrection and hope of redemption.




8 comments:
What a cute family! We've had ducks over here as well, Spencer loves feeding them.
Cute Easter pictures! I'm always impressed that you can get all your little kids looking so good for church each Sunday. It's all I can do to get myself ready. . . you know, you've seen my boys' wrinkled shirts! ;)
Kids are cute as ever and you are looking gorgeous in this picture! I bet you didn't take a bucket bath, HA!
Happy Birthday, the pie looks yum. Your group, so cute and sweet! Happy Easter.. a little late!
Well as it is Easter Monday in Bulgaria, and all of the Orthodox countires, we're not late with Easter greetings.
Yes, Ryan, most Christian holidays have some pagan connection, but then again, aren't we all a little heathen?
And let me just say, what a cute set of dresses the girls have on. I like that Issac is trying to escape in the first pic. Hopefully, he will have a brother soon! :)
(This is Joyce posting under my new blog and blogsignature. :)
Ok, 3 girls on Easter must be a treat! I know Isaac is always adorable, but the image of 3 Easter dresses is just magical! And "thorough enjoyment" is exactly the look on Ryan's face with the strawberry pie. Well said!
Easter dress pictures! I am very impressed - we were just grateful to get to chuch on time. Pictures were not in the plan (much to my dismay because there is nothing cuter than cute girls in pretty dresses). Pooh on early church and a habitaually late husband...
Your girls look darling and Issac is very handsome.
When do we find out what #5 is? I am very anxious....
Marian,
It's so fun to see your lovely ladies and handsome gentlemen--and their adorable momma/wife! (or Mother as Nora would say,eh?) :) It is a joy to keep in touch. I'm excited for your adventures in having a 5th! Motherly Work=Joy. Wahoo!
Love, Anna
Post a Comment