Tuesday, March 1, 2011

bookcases

OK, I'm not trying to turn into design mom, but I have had some questions about the color sorted bookcases. Yes, it's on purpose. I did it in a fit of organizing and actually really like it because it's easy for the kids to put the books away and even if it's not perfect and neat it still looks put together. So, if you have a lot of kids books, I can heartily recommend color sorting.

I also sorted the books in my bedroom by color and I just like the order it brings to my sanctuary that is increasingly multi purpose.

7 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

It's like me and a box of crayons. Everyone has to be by a buddy of its own color.

Erika said...

Wow, Marian it looks great!

Vinylgiftsandmore.com said...

I think its fun!

Steph said...

I like it--it does make it look more orderly and thus calmer! I used to love to organize my bookshelves when I was a kid. . . but I did it by height--boring.

Mellissa said...

LOVE IT!! You go with your design mom self!

Jessica said...

Send it Family Fun....

Me in the Tree said...

I like the whole look :>