Sunday, March 13, 2011

japan

We have had a few inquiries about Ryan and Japan. He was not there for the earthquake, thankfully, but he is very familiar with the area most affected - Sendai was his mission and the sad images are a little more personal to him. So far all the missionaries are safe and accounted for - members, we don't know. Ryan's work colleagues and suppliers all seem to be OK as well. It looks like it will be a long haul for the beautiful people and land of Japan.

I think perhaps one of the reasons the Lord send us all over the world as missionaries is so that when tragedies like this happen on the other side of the world we are still closely connected through those like Ryan who served there.

4 comments:

Kori said...

John's sister Karen served there also. Very sad to see the devastation.

azandersens said...

That is interesting. Will any work stints over there be put on hold for a while? And something totally off the subject, the choir sounded really good today! Both Jeff and I thought so.

The Atomic Mom said...

I didn't realize Sendai was mission-home for Ryan. I'm sorry guys.

Mellissa said...

Phew, and so sad.