Thursday, March 24, 2011

is 34 old?

I'm 34 today and somehow that seems a lot older than 33 - oh well, I do feel that I have done quite a bit, I have a degree, served a mission, taught school, have 5.3 kids, you know, good 34 year old stuff. Here is a year by year since we have had digital photos.

2002 -25 years old - a great year, need I say more?

2003 - 26 years old - Diana joins life - she is a VERY good baby. I retire from teaching, we move to Massachusetts for Ryan's grad school. Right after this picture was taken Diana stopped breathing - scary! I pushed the nurse button, calmly said, "My baby is NOT breathing", she came right in, and said, "That baby is not breathing." DUH! They whisked her away and got her going again. My mom rushed after and I sat there in my bed in a weird surreal stupor - strange!).

2004 - 27 - Emmy is born in Texas while we are on an internship with Dell (no drama). 3 weeks later we get to go to Donny and Amanda's wedding, starting a fun tradition of a wedding right after babies. I have Postpartum depression (not because of the wedding - life was just a little too much for a while). We go back to Massachussets.

2005- 28 years old - Ryan graduates, we move back to AZ, spend Christmas in New York with the Boren clan.

2006 - 29 years old - Nora comes (see previous post), Ryan is surrounded by beauty.

2007 - 30 years old - Holding the course until Isaac joins us in November - being pregnant in the 30s is much harder!

2008 - 31 years old, not pregnant all year - wow!

2009 - Pregnant with Sarah - worst yet - I was very sick when this picture was taken. Kids growing, cute, cute, cute. Sarah born in October - 2 days before her due date - good girl!

2010 - 33 years old - We go on a FANTASTIC trip for Ryan's sabbatical.

2011 - 34 years old - Camera breaks, fix camera, can't find cord, so no photos exist. Pregnant with #6 (probably last).

We don't have any huge plans for the day. Isaac is sick again (he was throwing up 2 nights ago), and Ryan and I have a class tonight. Ryan and I are sharing a great gift this year (his b-day is in 2 weeks) we have ordered a waterproof, shockproof small camera - yipeeeeee!

8 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

34 is not so bad. I'm turing 38 this year and having my 20 year hs reunion. THat's a bit surreal. And I always thought of 38 as "really old" when I was a kid. Of course, when my mom was my age, she already had the four of us and I was a 10th grader.

Rosie Boren said...

happy burfday!

I hope I am as great as you when I am 34!

Niki said...

Happy Birthday! You look fabulous in every picture- way to rock 34!

emily, etc, etc said...

I have decided that although you have always been beautiful, you are like a fine wine and you only keep getting better with age!!! You look prettier and prettier in each picture. Marriage, babies, and mommyhood have been good for you. Happy Birthday; I love you so much!!!

Kori said...

You are amazing Marian! We sure love the Chase's.

Steph said...

Happy Birthday! You have NOT aged at all. Not at all. And after having 5 kids, that is really saying something. Fun seeing all the pictures of your family!

Me in the Tree said...

Marian...I love the look back at all your little kids. They are so cute!

Mellissa said...

Marian-
I dug up enough life (still trying to recover from sick kids) to comment because I REALLY like this post! Thanks for posting it! Happy birthday!