Tuesday, March 11, 2014

a rough start so starting over

Our Spring Break got off to a bit of a rough start beginning with less than optimal sleep Sunday night, I was sore from it - weird. Anyhow, we went to the zoo for visiting teaching and although I love my friends, love the zoo and love my kids, it was just a Monday, you know and the house was in post Sunday mess, and nothing got done and it was hard to be cheerful, and I tried to avoid going to Sam's Club with 6 kids so waited til everyone was down for the night only to discover it closes at 8:30 not 9 as I had assumed.

We are determined to make today better:). It is a little after nine a.m. and we are almost done with piano and cello, Emily has done some math, we have made beds, done hair, swept the kitchen, started the laundry we didn't do yesterday, and the upstairs has been vacuumed. We are going to go to the library and Sam's Club and the prospect of 6 kids is just brighter today. We have great leftovers for lunch and I am going to practice and try to memorize all my choir music for our April 11th concert because we still don't have all the music and when we get it it's goign to be tight.

I'm so grateful for new days where I can start fresh and make it better.

1 comment:

erika said...

I love a fresh start too!