Wednesday, December 16, 2009

this guy



Thanks the encouragement regarding Isaac. He is feeling better. This was his first ear infection and he did not like it. We started the things the speech pathologist suggested and I'm at least seeing him try, so we are on our way.

In other parts of our life, I think I finished Christmas shopping today - yipeeeee. Of course, there is always more "fun little stuff" that would be perfect for a stocking, but the stuff that has to be wrapped is done - hiphiphooray!

We are also really enjoying this week because both Diana and Emily's teachers decided on no homework this week! What a blessed gift! I despise primary grade homework and find it a source of frustration and tears just because by the time they get home they really are done with sitting and thinking and they want to play. Not to mention the cardinal sin of eating up huge amounts of mom time - evil! My cousin Michelle, who has NO trouble speaking her mind and doing what she wants just told her girls' teachers that they would not be doing homework at their house! I love it! I only I was so brave. Besides, I think the wonderful imagination games my kids play for hours are pretty great, not to mention important.

That's all, thanks again for helping me cheer up on Monday.

2 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

Oh, I didn't realize this was Isaac's first earinfection. We are pros at that these days -- sadly.

As for homework, yes on the little kids. But you know when I was teaching I always gave time in class to start homework and told the students if they managed their time they could have it done before they left. Funny how that rarely happened.

Ryan and Renee said...

I am glad Isaac is better.
I lived with Michelle and her girls did homework everyday, she just made them do it on their own. But, they did it everyday.
I am not looking forward to homework days.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas!