Monday, January 10, 2011

weekend entertainment

Hey! Have you seen the movie Ramona and Beezus? Despite the fact it has Selena Gomez (not my favorite little actor) in it we LOVED it. Being confirmed Ramona fans we were cautious, because movies from books are a risk, but as they say, life is sweetened by risk and our friday evening was sweet. Definately worth the dollar from Redbox.

On Saturday, Ryan and I went to see Joseph (yep, that Technicolor Dreamcoat again) presented by Mesa High. The production won the state competition and so they had to perform it again for National judges. It was tight (like it ran smooth with no long set changes, the kids were energetic, the choreography fab, the singing good, the acting consistent and the gags funny but not overpowering). If it were still running I would send you all a $6 ticket and make you go. There is nothing like a great High school show because unlike national touring companies, the kids are having FUN.

1 comment:

The Atomic Mom said...

I've been hesitant to see this movie, because I am a devoted Ramona purist and I was afraid of what they might hav done to her.