Thursday, January 5, 2012

mtc

One of Ryan's fantastic young men entered the MTC yesterday and I thought about him several times throughout the day: about how tired he must be, about the endless juice in the cafeteria, the dorms, my great MTC teachers, etc. It was nice to think about.

I really liked the MTC, did you?

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

I loved it! I thought being there for two months was awesome and felt very sorry for those leaving after just 6 weeks.

azandersens said...

I'm trying to think of who that might be. Was it Tyler A? I can't think of anyone else. I liked the MTC for the most part. Too much food and not enough exercise though. And I was in a trio. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing you in the MTC when I taught there. You came up and gave me a big hug and the elders in my district were awestruck that Brother Boren would hug a sister missionary. You turned on them and said, "Hey, this is my little brother and I can hug him anytime I want!" Good memories.

The Atomic Mom said...

Endless juice

Free ice cream -- even though Grandma McKay always sent me a dollar every week for an ice cream cone...haha!

Marshmellow squares made out of cap'n crunch.

My very best friend companion Sister Wilhelm -- who had worked there not even a week before we went in, so she knew every one and every thing, so we got primo treatment.

Long days in that stinky classroom with a nice view of the temple. The Elder that sat under that window thought I had a crush on him --- um no.

Finally telling the Elders that the sisters were, in fact, not morning people and would not be joining them at 5:30 temple sessions.

Finally leaving that silly MTC, because it really was not doing us any more favors by being locked up.

My other memories of the MTC were working there -- most notably seeing all of our cousins come thru! And translating for Pres Hinckley's fireside.

Kori said...

MTC is very unique. I remember the spirit being so strong and getting annoyed at all the Elders in my district.