So yea, our routine has disappeared completely. Nora was sick a week ago with a bad cough and fever and it's just made it's way through the family. Isaac was even in the ER on Saturday night with croup (wheeze, honk, can't breathe bad stuff). Ryan came home from work early yesterday and hoped to get a good night sleep - HA! Diana was up about 9 needing nasal spray so she could breathe. Sarah woke up 2 or 3 times needing more water in her sippy and Tylenol for a fever. Nelson had a fever too. Emily wet the bed. Isaac coughed, and on and on and on. With all that going on last nigh our routine is a bit off this morning. Emily was up at 5:30 to get cleaned up, Diana and Emily joined her for a normal 7 am breakfast. Nelson was up at 7:30 (early for him) for his breakfast and is now down for an early nap. Diana and Emily left or school since they just have sniffles and no fever. Sarah and Isaac wandered down in the middle of Sesame Street. Sarah ate her breakfast during Abby and Isaac is starting to think about his as Elmo is thinking about feet. I have a feeling it's going to be a slow day and I'm OK with that since I was the one up and down most of the night with precious kids. Ryan went to work and I have a suspicious it's not because he's feeling better, but it's because work is calmer that our house. One thing I am very grateful for is this is just a cold so no throw up to clean - hooray.
Here's to hoping breakfast is cleaned up by 10.
3 comments:
Looks like we're living parallel lives right now. James, then me and then Joseph have all had the cold. I still have it though, love that pregnant immune system. Halls cough drops, "shows" and lots of water and juice are, our friends these days. Here's to breating thru my nose again...soon!
You and your six kids amaze me. Everyone's sick and you stay positive. Gosh, I hope you all are healthy soon.
We've got it here too! Tanner woke up at 4 am running down the stairs screaming that he had a cough.
Post a Comment