Uncle Dil was there doing the Botanical garden, James was a grunt volunteer, Robert was the free DJ and did a FAB job, and cousin Heather watched my kids for over 8 hours. Can I tell how great it is to have McKay running through these veins?
Here's how the day went down from the kid's tent. We started with a little breakfast and then moved on to pinch pots - so fun. Then we dove into the box of 500 Thank You card we were supposed to sign, decorate, and hand print followed up with a tour of the ancient canals and Hohokam ruins in the park.

First tour of the park site about 9am.

Paver laying people

New park benches

painting handprints on Thank You cards (did I mention there were 500?)

Potting strawberries from the Home Depot kids activity people

The GREAT Bodini our local magitian

Squirting each other with spray bottles then a little lunch - we were HUNGRY!

Making masks

More Thank You cards

An almost done park about 12:30 pm

The super cool mister machine

Performing our THANK YOU cheer/song for the 300 plus Home Depot employees, parents, and Kaboom people (not to mention some random city of Mesa dignitaries) W were VERY offended John McCain didn't work us into his schedule - he was in town - sheesh - priorities man - no wonder you lost!)

The official board cutting to declare the perk open.

It really was a great day and I was so glad I got to be a part of it. I'm super proud of my friends who put SOOOOOOOO much time and effort into the planning and execution of this incredible project.
5 comments:
This is so amazing!! What an gool community project.. too bad it is so hot!! Thanks for posting the pictures. It is fun to see cool stuff happening in town!
that is truly amazing! way to be an influence in your community mares! this is erika by the way signed in as todd :)
Wow Marion, I think this is so cool! What an incredible sounding community you live in.
I love seeing the community coming together. FABULOUS!!!
That is really cool - I love the structure! I looks so great.
Post a Comment