Sunday, May 17, 2009

rest of the wedding

We love to see the temple (even in 103 degree weather). After the sealing and photos we headed home, peeled off our sweaty sundays and went for a LOVELY swim. It was very refreshing. The reception was lovely yet relaxed. A big thumbs up to the Skinners (bride's fam) throughout the whole day there was never a feeling of stress, hurry, inconvenience or the like.

They had a couple of fun touches at the reception. One of Sister Skinner's friends owns a photo booth (like the kind in the mall) and they had that set up as you came in - so fun. The colors were bright orange and green and for the centerpieces they had the flowers in large, tall vases filled with citrus wedges - limes, lemons, and oranges. They were bright, beautiful, and smelled great - a really fun touch, especially in AZ where fruit is on the trees. Sorry, no photos of the fun stuff. I was pretty brain dead by the evening. You will just have to imagine.

I'm so grateful for my cousins and siblings for setting such a good example to my kids by starting their marriages in the temple. Stephanie was an especially gracious bride to 3 very excited little girls.




1 comment:

emily, etc, etc said...

Oh I think your girls look so darling! And I love the citrus idea. Sounds like such fun!!!