Friday, March 26, 2010

33

I turned 33 yesterday and released my inner rebel; instead of cake we had strawberries, whipped cream and grasshoppers. Now that's a birthday!


For my birthday Ryan upgraded our family sound system from my 9 year old CD player from my teaching days that only read some of our CD's to an ipod and shelf unit. Emily can now listen to "Joseph" whenever she needs to (and it is a need). It is a very cool little toy and I anticipate really enjoying getting to know it.

I gave myself a gift too - I spent $2 on little tubs to organize my sewing desk. The "before" was too scary for a family blog, so I will only present the "after" - ahhhhhh order - it's my massage, my manicure, my box of chocolates. Yes, it was a great birthday.


I'm heading over to bon appetit friends now to post my flour tortilla recipe and how to for Kelli, so come on over in a bit - they are TASTY!

4 comments:

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Marian! Not only did I make you babysit on your birthday - I didn't even wish you a glorious day. I promise those 2 things wouldn't have happened had I been in the know. I guess I should take a closer look at the RS birthday list every month. And if you are feeling like even more of a splurge than cookies and plastic baskets, have me watch your kiddos so you can so shopping or meet Ryan for lunch.

Kori said...

Happy Birthday Marian! I'm glad you've discovered grasshoppers also, I love them!

The Atomic Mom said...

Totally forgot about your birthday...sorry about that. And you did not turn 33. You turned Plenty-Nine, as Grandma Pearl used to say, Plenty-Nine. And for what it's worth, I usually don't have cake either for my brithday, I'm a pie gal...pie for me!

corey said...

Happy belated birthday, dear girl! I miss you! I'm auditioning for a women's barbershop quartet, and Cort was trying to teach me my part, and he said, "Just remember the muncha muncha muncha" ad for Fritos." And it reminded me of all the great tips you'd give us in choir to find our alto note from another part -- star wars intro and the like. Also, I've had 100% VTing for 18 months, and I don't think I've had a record like that since I had you on the ball. Hey, we might be swinging through Phoenix around June 8th or so (coming home from CA/Disneyland) -- we're going there through Grand Canyon, but coming home through Phoenix. Mind if we crash at your pad?? let me know! Sorry for the blog threadjack! You're so fabulous. Can't wait for you to live 33 more, then 33 after that, then 33 after...