Thursday, March 18, 2010

spring break and no camera

My camera is having some issues (not accepting new batteries - hmmmm). But we are nevertheless enjoying our Spring Break.

On Tuesday we hit the zoo with friends form the ward and cousin Marie and her gang. The weather was GLORIOUS and PERFECT and we really tried to enjoy it because in AZ there are a handful of days like that and then summer comes in hot and mean. We are grateful those few perfect days decided to hit during a break - ahh.

Yesterday we stayed home and played outside for hours. In the afternoon I gave each of the kids a squirt bottle and they were occupied for a good long while squirting each other, themselves, the neighbor's sister - oops (luckily, she was a nice old lady and perfectly lovely about it). They squirted houses, rocks, sidewalks, etc - it was fun and refreshing.

I must issue an apologize to my neighbors. We were up early and by 7 the girls were already outside playing hard (and loud). As far as I could tell Diana and Emily were Anastasia and Druzella ordering Nora (Cinderella) about and then - "OH HORROR" an earthquake and thunderstorm and hurricane all hit at the same time - much yelling etc. They acted out that scenario several times, so I'm sure we are not the most popular family on the block today.

1 comment:

Kori said...

We had a fun time at the zoo as well. Both boys had great naps afterward, yeah!!