Wednesday, March 31, 2010

our morning

5:30 - Get up and go walking with Kisha
6:00 - Return, kids already awake, feed Sarah, feed kids, feed me, shower, dress, do kids' hair, tie shoes etc.
7:57 - Diana gets on the bus
8:07 - Emily gets on the bus
8:09 - Go home and turn on Sesame Street
Go up stirs to make beds and straighten up. In the way it often happens one thing lead to another and I find myself sorting and organizing winter and summer clothes. I realize I needed more bins for clothes storage.
8:0something - Nurse calls to say Emily has fallen and hit her mouth and is bleeding and asks if I want to come get her. I say "no", unless the nurse thinks she needs to come home.
9:00 - Elmo finishes thinking about dinosaurs and I load up the troops to go to the bank to deposit checks that have been on the desk for a "while" and Wal-Mart for bins, a three hole punch (Ryan's YM papers are out of control), earplugs, and a fan.
10:00 - Head home, stop by the school to look at Emily's teeth, still bleeding, she doesn't want to go home so I let her stay.
10:15 - Isaac asleep in the car, I leave the doors open and we head inside to load up the winter clothes in their new bin
10:20 - Call the dentist to ask her to look at Emily's mouth, only available appointment in in 40 minutes! Load up thankful Isaac is still in his chair asleep - pick up Emily and rush to the dentist. Isaac wakes up on the way and proceeds to scream (a lot).
10:55 - Check in at the dentist, Isaac throws up as he continues to cry. He gets stripped to a diaper and wiped of with paper towels. For some reason the very pregnant dental assistant is the one chosen to clean up the floor (there are maybe 5 ladies behind the desk)
11:05 - Emily goes back. Isaac cuddles with Mom, Sarah sleeps in her chair, Nora watches cartoons.
11:20 - Go to check on Emily. Dr L. says she will be fine and does not need to have any of the 3 loose teeth pulled - just baby her for a day.
11:30 Stop at Jamba Juice and ask for the smallest kid friendly thing, finally head home.
12:00 - Jamba and cookies and cream ice cream for lunch.

How was your morning?

9 comments:

Erika said...

always an adventure with you Mares! no wonder you have to get your workout in at 5:30. i am in awe of all you get accomplished - let alone blog about it!

Kori said...

The joys of motherhood!

Jeanne and Nelson said...

Marian,

You're amazing. I've always thought so, but now I'm totally convinced. love, Dad

azandersens said...

That's funny (in an ironic way, not really funny) because Isobel was just asking me this morning how Emily chews her food without all her teeth (random?). Glad they are still intact. :( Btw, you can skip visiting any month you like. I love you visits, but WOW, those bars were SO good. Have you posted those yet? Maybe it's better I don't know what's in them. :)

Steph said...

That does not sound like fun. Hope tomorrow is better! BTW, I am super impressed that any mom of such a young baby gets up that early to work out! Someday. . . I will actually do that again. . .

Mellissa said...

Life is so scary and fun with kids. How does that happen? You are the most super woman I have ever met. Really. Keep teaching me.

Rosie Boren said...

Just remember that only the creative and brilliant ones end up in the doctors that much! HAHA! Lots like you have a whole slew of them.

Ryan and Renee said...

I have always thought you were amazing, but now I know you are. I don't think I oculd have handled 1/2 of that. I don't know how you do it. You probably feel like your constantly juggling (you know it's okay to get rid of a few balls, right?). You are super mom!

emily, etc, etc said...

Seriously????!!! Who gets up at 5:30? I love you!