Wednesday, September 15, 2010

end of summer

When we got home from Summer vacation I made a folder of pictures I would post on my blog to document the Summer. These are the last three things I guess I wanted to remember.

This is Sara Wood with baby Sarah. Sara and I met when I was in 8th grade in choir and we were choir/musical theater buddies all through high school. We were sisters in Fiddler on the Roof (Hodel and Chava), postulants (nuns in training) in Sound of Music (we had so much free time between our 3 big appearances we used to go out dessert or down to the beach during performances - evil). I was the Jester to her Queen Agravain in Once Upon a Mattress and we played the two leads in Annie Get Your Gun. After High School we lost touch - she moved to SF and I went to BYU (I'm still not on Facebook - sigh), but she re-surfaced this Summer teaching Theater Workshops in Sandpoint - hip hooray! It was so good to see her and catch up.

Isaac took possession of this old bike helmet and wore it constantly! The stop sign in the back is for a really cool public art project my dad is doing in downtown Sandpoint. He is cutting old traffic signs into fish shapes and punting them on an arch over a street - super cool.

Must kiss this face, often (as in frequently).

4 comments:

Jeanne and Nelson said...

Good things faces regenerate.

Mellissa said...

Facebook is overrated. Don't cave!:)

The Atomic Mom said...

So when I was a nun in SoM, we also piled into whoever's car and rode around Mesa doing stuff between our scenes. We really freaked out the clerks at the Circle K that week, running in getting sodas and stuff and running out in our nuns habits.

As for facebook, it's a good way to keep up with people, for me it is anyway. I wouldn't know have the stuff going on w/ family and friends were it not for the facebook.

emily, etc, etc said...

Oh how fun to see Sara! I love the sign project your dad is working on. I can't wait to see the finished product!