I'M SINGING AGAIN!!!!! Concert Choir as I knew it, ended 11 years ago and I seriously thought I would never sing in a professional level choir again and was doomed to ward and stake choirs for the rest of my life. Before getting huffy about ward choir, please read the next paragraph:
Please don't get me wrong, I FIRMLY believe in ward and stake choir and I think everyone who has a desire should sing and learn and feel the Spirit that way. I also think anyone with training and talent has an especial duty to participate and contribute and not worry about themselves or their ego. I conduct the ward choir, for crying out loud and I love it and am so grateful for EVERYONE who sings and comes and helps. Ward and stake choir can be fantastic experiences but it is just not the same as singing in a huge, good, orchestra accompanied choir and that's a fact.
Anyhow, I got accepted to sing in the East Valley Mormon Choral Organization (what a mouthful!) and it is a lot of fun (and work). We have over 200 fantastic singers and a full orchestra complete with timpani and 4 french horns -who do not blat! Our first performance is this coming weekend September 10th and 11th at Gammage. It's called the Lamb of God by Rob Gardner and I can honestly recommend it (not normal for me and "church" music - but it's really very beautiful).
Anyhow, tickets are cheap ($6-$15) so come out and get some culture and laugh at my silly singing faces.
lalalalalalala
4 comments:
Oh! I'd love to go. I have some other friends involved with this.
And thank you for saying this about ward choir. This is my issue with it.
Many many years ago, while at BYU, I sang in Rob Gardner's "Jesus The Christ" (I think that was the name). What beautiful music and talent! It was one of the highlights of my life singing with such talented people and a beautiful orchestra. Plus I thought the piece of music was divine!
I wish I could come and see you perform. It nurtures my soul to participate in things like that. Good luck and I am sure it will be grand!
John and I already have tickets! We'll be watching for you. We love Rob Gardner.
Post a Comment