Our car died this morning in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Bummer. I tried calling Uncle Ern on a pay phone, no go and then I was out of quarters (when did pay phones go up to 50 cents??). It was a long shot anyway since everyone has caller ID (except me) and don't answer the phone unless they know who it is. So my prayer turned to , "Please let me see someone I know". Nope. So, I hiked Sarah higher on my hip, Isaac followed like a good kid and we went in search of a kind soul in the parking lot. I found a nice man with a big truck who was kind enough to wait for me to buy jumper cables (good thing we died at Wal-Mart) and then jump me. He also re-taught me how to use jumper cables, very useful, since we were dead again after the incredible pre-school Christmas program. I figured we would be, so I parked such that my friend Kori could easily jump me. I'm really grateful for nice people and that I died at Wal-Mart and not in the middle of Death Valley next week (Yes we are going to Death Valley on purpose on our way to Grammy's). We figure it must be a national park for some reason and we are going to find out!
Now all we need is a fully functioning car because tomorrow, and the next day, and the next are full of appointments, pre-school, speech, deliveries, etc.
1 comment:
Look at the bright side, at least you didn't have all 5 kids with you.
Post a Comment